Class 2 & Type 2 Sound Level Meters for Occupational Noise
What is a Class 2 Sound Level Meter?
A Class 2 Sound Level Meter will be designed to meet the requirements of IEC 61672-1:2002 (or the equivalent BS EN 61672-1:2003) standard and will meet the performance requirements that are in this standard for a Class 2 instrument.
The older sound level meter standards IEC 60651 and IEC 60804 used Type rather than Class but these standards have been superseded by IEC 61672-1:2002.
A Type 2 sound level meter would be roughly comparable to a Class 2 instrument but it would not be able to fully meet the lastest standards.
The ANSI standards S1.4 and S1.43 use Type rather than Class and these are equivalent to the IEC 60651 and IEC 60804 standards.
Typically, Class 2 Sound Level Meters are suitable for occupational noise measurements such as the UK Controls of Noise at Work Regulations or the OSHA Occupational Noise standards.
You can read posts on our Blog about the differences between Class and Type in sound level meter standards as well as other posts about standards and noise measurement instruments.
Recommended Sound Level Meters
We have a wide range of Class 2 Sound Level Meters so below are some suggested instruments.
- CR:162A Class 2 Optimus Red sound level meter for occupational noise and industrial hygiene
- CR:162B Class 2 Optimus Red sound level meter for occupational noise and industrial hygiene
- CR:162C Class 2 Optimus Red sound level meter for occupational noise and industrial hygiene
- CR:172A Class 2 Optimus Green sound level meter for environmental & occupational noise
- CR:172B Class 2 Optimus Green sound level meter for environmental & occupational noise
- CR:152A Class 2 Optimus Yellow sound level meter for simple noise measurements
- CR:152B Class 2 Optimus Yellow sound level meter for simple noise measurements
If you would like advice or help in choosing the most appropriate Class 2 Sound Level Meter for your application, please contact us using the form opposite and we will be pleased to help.
- Sound Level Meters & Integrating Sound Level Meters to Class 2 of 61672-1:2002
- Integrating Sound Level Meters to Type 2 to IEC 60804
- Sound Level Meters to Type 2 to IEC 60651
- Sound Level Meters to Type 2 of ANSI S1.4
- Integrating Sound Level Meters to Type 2 to ANSI S1.43
Find out more
If you have any questions or if you would like any more information, please contact us and we will be pleased to help.
Please call us on
+44 1723 891655.
You can also contact us via our contact form.