Acoustic Calibrators Class 1 and Class 2 with Type Approvals
Cirrus manufactures a range of Acoustic Calibrators and adaptors suitable for the field calibration of sound level meters, noise dosimeters and other noise measurement instruments.
The current range of Acoustic Calibrators comprises:
- CR:514 Class 1 to IEC 60942:2003 Class 2 with PTB Type Approval and 94dB @ 1kHz sound pressure level output
- CR:515 Class 1 to IEC 60942:2003 Class 1 with PTB and LNE Type Approval and 94dB @ 1kHz sound pressure level output
- CR:516 Class 2 to IEC 60942:2017 Class 2 with 94dB & 114dB @ 1kHz sound pressure level output
- CR:517 Class 1 to IEC 60942:2017 Class 1 with 94dB & 114dB @ 1kHz sound pressure level output
- CR:518 Class 2 to IEC 60942:2003 to Class 2 with 114dB @ 1kHz sound pressure level output
CR:514 Class 2 & CR:515 Class 1 Acoustic Calibrators
The CR:514 and CR:515 are high-performance acoustic calibrators designed for the field and laboratory calibration of sound level meters and other noise measurement equipment.
The units are simple to operate and meet the requirements of the latest IEC 60942:2003 standard for Acoustic Calibrators with performance to Class 2 (CR:514) and Class 1 (CR:515).
The CR:515 and CR:514 are the standard Acoustic Calibrators are supplied with the Cirrus Sound Level Meters and Noise Measurement Instruments.
CR:518 Acoustic Calibrator
The CR:518 Acoustic Calibrator is designed to meet the requirements of IEC 60942:2003 for a Class 2 instrument.
It provides a 114dB sound pressure level and can be used with a range of sound level meters and noise dosimeters.
CR:516 Class 2 & CR:517 Class 1 Dual-Level Acoustic Calibrators
The CR:516 and CR:517 Acoustic Calibrators are designed to meet the requirements of IEC 60942:2017 and provide both 94dB and 114dB at 1kHz in one instrument.
The CR:516 and CR:517 Acoustic Calibrators can be used to calibrate both sound level meters and noise dosimeters and feature sound pressure level outputs of 94dB and 114dB at 1kHz.
Find out more
If you have any questions or if you would like any more information, please contact us and we will be pleased to help.
From the UK, contact us on 0845 230 2434.
From outside the UK, please contact us on +44 1723 891655.
You can also contact us via our contact form.
Specifications (CR:514 & CR:515)
- Applicable standards
- CR:514 IEC 60942:2003 Class 2
- CR:515 IEC 60942:2003 Class 1
- Type approval
- PTB Type Approval to DIN EN 60942:2003 Class 1 & Class 2
- Reference No.: PTB-1.61.4028829
- Sound pressure level (re 20uPa)
- 94dB +/- 0.4dB (CR:514)
- 94dB +/- 0.2dB (CR:515)
- 1kHz +/- 1%
- Reference conditions
- 23oC, 101.3kPa, 65% RH
- Microphone size
- 1/2" (to IEC 1094-4)
- Calibration adaptor
- QD:7 for use with 1/4" microphone capsules
- Battery type
- 1 x 9v (PP3, 6LR61, 6F22)
- 138mm x 47mm diameter
- 220 gms with battery
- Push button start, Automatic switch off with green LED indication. User override of automatic switch off
- CE classification
- EMC : EN50081-1, EN 50082-1
- Safety EN 61010-1, 1993 portable equipment category 2