The Original doseBadge Noise Dosimeter for Occupational Noise Measurements
The Original doseBadge is the original wireless personal noise dosimeter. It is the ideal tool to carry out occupational and industrial hygiene noise measurements and provides a unique solution for these applications.
Combining an innovative design with simple, robust and reliable operation, the Original doseBadge weighs only 51g/1.8oz.
With no cables, controls or displays, the Original doseBadge can be worn in areas where there is a risk of damaging traditional style units or where there is a risk of tampering.
Designed and manufactured by Cirrus Research plc, the doseBadge is an innovative instrument that is ideal for measuring and assessing the noise exposure of workers and employees across all locations.
Everything you need for Occupational Noise & Industrial Hygiene Measurements
The Original doseBadge is a dual channel instrument that will measure, store and calculate the parameters essential for compliance with occupational noise regulations.
These include LAeq, LCPeak & LEP,d as well as % Dose, LAVG & TWA. Along with these overall values, the Original doseBadge will store a Time History, or Noise Profile, throughout the measurement, for both channels.
The Original doseBadge survives in the toughest environments
The Original doseBadge has been designed to survive use in the toughest and harshest environments.There are no cables, controls or displays to damage and the microphone, battery and electronics are all housed in a robust and lightweight metal case which is strong enough to withstand being dropped, knocked or even stood on.
The robust metal case protects the internal systems and microphone of the Original doseBadge. By locating the microphone inside the case, the doseBadge is completely self contained and will give many years of reliable operation.
Applications for the Original doseBadge Noise Dosemeter
Due to its unique and robust design, the doseBadge is used across a wide range of different applications where there is a need to carry out assessments of the noise exposure of workers. Below are some examples:
- The measurement and control of occupational noise exposure.
- Compliance with Noise at Work Regulations, Industrial Hygiene Standards and Occupational Noise Exposure Guidelines.
- Monitoring and recording of long term noise exposure.
- Noise exposure measurements in Hazardous environments such as Oil Refineries, Petrochemical Plants and Underground Mines.
- Measurement of noise exposure in the Entertainment and Music Industries.
Create measurement reports quickly and simply
The NoiseTools software is supplied with the Original doseBadge and this software has been designed to be simple to use and give you the information you really need without being complicated or complex.
Simply download your measurements and create reports quickly and easily with simple or comprehensive options available.
NoiseTools is supplied free from any licencing restrictions and can be installed onto as many PCs as needed without having to purchase additional copies.
Updates for NoiseTools are available free of charge from the Cirrus Research website.
Intrinsic Safety Certification (IS) for the doseBadge
An Intrinsically Safe version of the doseBadge, the CR:110AIS, is available which carried certification to ATEX, EEx, IECEx, FM (US & C) and SIMTARS.
The CR:110AIS can be used in hazardous zones, for example in underground mines, petrochemical plants and other areas that require safe measurement equipment.
Explosive atmospheres can be caused by flammable gases, mists or vapours or by combustible dusts and the CR:110AIS doseBadge is ideal for use in these types of environments.
Original doseBadge Measurement Kits
The Original doseBadge measurement kits are available with various quantities of doseBadges as well as all of the items needed for occupational and industrial hygiene noise measurements.
The measurement kits can be expanded with additional doseBadges and charger units as required. These can be either standard CR:110A Original doseBadges or the Intrinsically Safe CR:110AIS. Optional items can be added to enhance the operation and use of the doseBadge Measurement Kit.
- Standard Measurement Kits can hold up to 5 doseBadges with space for an Optimus Sound Level Meter
- Option of a case to hold up to 10 doseBadges
- Kits can be expanded by adding additional doseBadges
- Robust Aluminium Case to hold up to 10 doseBadges and accessories
- Available with the standard CR:110A or the Intrinsically Safe CR:110AIS doseBadges
- Optional accessories available
- NoiseTools software provided as standard
Versions of the doseBadge
The Original doseBadge is available in a number of different versions, each with the features that make the doseBadge unique and the ideal solution for occupational noise measurements.
- CR:110A - The standard version with a silver case.
- CR:110A/BLK - The same functions and features as the CR:110A but with a black case, ideal for law enforcement and musicians.
- CR:110AIS - The Intrinisically Safe version of the doseBadge with ATEX, EEx, IECEx, FM (C & US) and SIMTARS Certifications for Mining & Non-Mining.
- CR:112AIS - The Intrinsically Safe version of the doseBadge with MSHA Certification.
Get More Infomation
- The original wireless noise dosimeter
- Measures & stores the essential occupational noise parameters
- Very simple operation
- Compact, rugged design weighs only 51g/1.8oz
- Dual channel with noise profile data stored as standard
- Robust metal case prevents damage & servicing costs
- No external controls, cables or displays reduces damage, tampering or misuse
- NoiseTools Analysis & Reporting software with licence-free installation & free lifetime updates
- 90 minute (typical) charge time with 24 hours (typical) battery life
- Intrinsically safe version available with ATEX, EEx, IECEx & FM Certification for hazardous atmospheres
What our customers say..
The Cirrus Research doseBadge is simple, exact and what every Health & Safety manager should use to help protect employees at work.
We started using the Cirrus Research doseBadge in 2002 at our North American facilities and have had such great success that we purchased additional kits to use at our sites globally.
Find out more
If you have any questions or if you would like any more information, please contact us and we will be pleased to help.
From the UK, contact us on 01723 891655.
From outside the UK, please contact us on +44 1723 891655.
You can also contact us via our contact form.
IEC 61252:1993 Personal Sound Exposure Meters
ANSI S1.25:1991 Personal Noise Dosemeters Class Designation 2AS-90/80-5
RC:110A: Internal Acoustic Calibrator to IEC 60942:2003 Class 2
Measurement Range (Typical)
70dB(A) to 130dB(A) RMS, 120dB(C) to 140dB(C) Peak
Overall Measurement Data
doseBadge Configuration (Serial Number, Date & Time)
Highest Peak(C) Sound Level during the measurement
115dB(A) Maximum Sound Level Exceedence
1 Minute Time History of:
LAeq (3dB) or LAVG (4dB or 5dB), Peak(C) Sound Pressure & Battery Level
For 3dB Exchange Rate:
LAeq, LEX,8h, LAE, % Dose, Exposure (Pa2h), Estimated % Dose,
Estimated Exposure (Pa2h)
For 4dB & 5dB Exchange Rates:
LAVG, TWA, % Dose, Estimated % Dose
'A' for all RMS measurements
'C' for Peak Sound Pressure
Channel 1: Independent User Configuration of:
Exchange Rate: 3dB, 4dB or 5dB
Criterion Level: 80dB, 85dB, 90dB
Criterion Time: 8hrs, 12hrs, 16hrs, 18hrs
Threshold: None, 80dB, 90dB
Time Weighting: None, 'S' (Slow)
Channel 2: Preset to ISO/EU/UK
Criterion Level: 85dB
Criterion Time: 8hrs
Time Weighting: None
The CR:110A doseBadge can store up to 24 hours of data in a single measurement
Up to 999 Individual doseBadge Measurements
Internal NiMH Battery. Typical Battery Life 24 hours @ 80dB
2 x AA/LR6 with Auto Power Switch Off
CU Series Chargers
CU:195A Mains Power Supply. Fast Charge Option
Wireless Infrared to RC:110A Reader Unit
USB 2.0 (which also provides power to the RC:110A Reader)
Microphone Apex dia 13.0mm, Base 47mm dia, Height 38mm
CR:110A doseBadge 51g (1.8oz)
RC:110A Reader 400g (14oz)
-10oC to +50oC Operating
-20oC to +60oC Storage
Up to 95% RH Non-Condensing
NoiseTools software supplied as standard with license free installation and free of charge upgrades available from the Cirrus website