Noise at Work Awareness Training Understand how to make noise measurements to comply with the Noise at Work Regulations
This one day course is ideal for anyone who needs to:
- Comply with the Noise at Work Regulations (2005 Control of Noise at Work Regulations)
- Understand how noise can impact employees and how to produce effective action plans
- Be able to make effective noise measurements with a sound level meter or noise dosimeter
- Be comfortable assessing noise levels in the workplace
- Have completed Noise Assessment Training
This course covers general health and workplace safety and the risks posed by noise to hearing. It looks at the duties and responsibilities outlined in the Control of Noise at Work Regulations (2005) for both employers and employees.
We focus on what you need to know to carry out a competent noise risk assessment and how you can use your results to implement suitable control measures, produce effective actions and follow ups and prevent potential harm to your employees.
We'll also cover both the theory and practical side of noise measurement and control and include a useful hands-on element where you will take measurements and analyse the results.
Topics covered include:
- Noise Theory – What is Sound?
- What are the dangers of Noise?
- How Noise is measured - What terminology is used?
- The EU Physical Agents Directive / Control of Noise at Work Regulations (2005)
- Techniques for noise measurement
- How to use sound level meters and noise dosimeters
- Carrying out a noise assessment
- How to record and report your findings
- Implementing noise control measures – how to reduce and control the risks
Complete the form or call us today on 0845 230 2434 to find out more.
Current Noise at Work Awareness Training Dates
Previous Noise at Work Awareness Training Dates
Health and Safety personnel who require a basic understanding of the noise regulations that apply to employers and employees. Suitable for those who are new to Noise assessments as well as a useful revision for people who have not been involved in this area for some time.
Key Details about this Course
- Duration: 1 day
- Cost: £235 per delegate*
- Level: Introductory/Refresher
- Refreshments and lunch included
- Collect 6 CPD hours
- Certificate to confirm completion