Microphone Production Technician
Reference Number : CRplc_0122_MPT
Job title: Microphone Production Technician
Reporting to: Service & Calibration Manager
Hours of work: 37.5 per week (08.30 - 16.30, Mon-Fri)
Salary: £18,525- £20,000 (dependent on experience)
Contract type: Full-time permenant
Closing date: 31 January '22
Cirrus Research plc is one of the world's leading manufacturers and suppliers of noise measurement equipment. We need someone with good eyesight and nimble fingers, who is hardworking and keen to learn new skills to join our in-house production team.
You will play an essential role in the production of our microphones which are used throughout the range of our equipment. Your main responsibility will be to inspect and process the individual components that make up a microphone capsule, taking responsibility and accountability for the quality of work you do.
You should be able to work well within a team and independently, working under your own initiative with a strong work ethic. As you'll be working in a cleanroom environment, attention to detail and cleanliness are essential. You should have a passion for technology and a desire to learn new skills.
You should be able to work well within a team and independently, working under your own initiative. As you'll be working in a cleanroom environment, attention to detail and cleanliness are essential. The role involves several skilled manufacturing stages, so we will give you all the training you need to do the job.
The role will be based at Cirrus Research's headquarters in Hunmanby, North Yorkshire, which is easily accessible from Scarborough, Filey, Bridlington, Malton, Hull and York.
What we'd like you to do:
- Develop the required skills to make microphones
- Complete paperwork and keep stock of raw materials and consumable items
- Perform routine maintenance on production machinery
- Use a computer system to log test data
- Test and grade microphones
- Use a laser engraving system to serialise various metal parts
- Maintain and ensure good general housekeeping of the production department and cleanroom
- Perform any other duties appropriate to the grade and role of the post holder.
What we'd like you to have:
- Excellent communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Good attention to detail
- The ability to follow written and verbal instructions closely and carefully
- High level of dexterity
- GCSEs in English, Maths and Science at Grade C/4 or above
- If you have previous experience with production machinery, lapping and/or scientific measurement equipment that would be great, but it's not essential
What we'll do for you:
- Provide all the relevant training and development you need to carry out your role successfully
- Support any additional training or development requirements you may have throughout your career with us
- Provide a supportive, friendly and welcoming place to work
- Pay you a competitive salary of between £18,525 and £20,000 per year, depending on your experience
- Give you 23 days of annual leave, plus Bank Holidays
- Enrol you into a workplace pension scheme, Death in Service scheme, HealthShield cashback plan
- Provide free on-site parking, subsidised gym membership, social club, complimentary tea and coffee facilities
Established in 1970, Cirrus Research is one of the world's leading designers, manufacturers and suppliers of noise and vibration measurement technology. With clients in well over 100 countries across six continents, we are a truly global company working with some of the biggest names in their respective industries, including Virgin Atlantic, AMG Mercedes, Triumph Motorcycles, Balfour Beatty, the Dominion theatre and many more.
Location : Hunmanby, North Yorkshire
There is no specific closing date for applications. Please submit your application and we will be in touch as soon as possible.