Microphone Production Technician
Reference Number : CRplc_0721_MPT
Job title: Microphone Production Technician
Reporting to: Service & Calibration Manager
Hours of work: 37.5 per week (08.30 - 16.30, Mon-Fri)
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000 (dependent on experience)
Cirrus Research is currently seeking an enthusiastic person to join its skills production team as a Microphone Production Technician. With a passion for technology and electronics, you will be responsible for inspecting and processing electronic components and assembling electret microphone capsules for Cirrus Research acoustic measurement instruments.
With responsibility and accountability for the quality of work you carry out, you will have the opportunity to play a crucial role in an increasingly important aspect of the business .
You should be able to work well within a team as well as independently, having the ability to work under your own initiative and have a strong work ethic. As this role is based in a cleanroom environment, attention to detail and cleanliness are essential. You should have an active interest in technology and a desire to learn new skills.
It is desirable, but not essential, that you have previous experience with production machinery, lapping and/or measurement equipment.
As the role involves several skilled manufacturing stages, we will provide all the training you need to fulfil the post's requirements effectively and successfully.
The role will be based at Cirrus Research's headquarters in Hunmanby, North Yorkshire, which is easily accessible from Scarborough, Filey, Bridlington, Malton, Hull and York.
What we'd like you to do:
- Develop the required skills to contribute to microphone production output
- Complete mandatory paperwork, keeping stock of raw materials and consumable items
- Perform routine maintenance on critical production machinery
- Use a computer system to log test data
- Test and grade microphones
- Use a laser engraving system to serialise various metal parts
- Maintain and ensure good general housekeeping of the production department and cleanroom
- Perform any other duties appropriate to the grade and role of the post holder.
What we'd like you to have:
- Excellent communication skills
- Good IT skills
- The ability to follow written and verbal instructions closely and carefully
- High level of dexterity and the ability to assist with production despatch and distribution
- GCSEs in English, Maths and Science at Grade C/4 or above
What we'll do for you:
- Provide all the relevant training and development you need to carry out your role successfully
- Support any additional training or development requirements you may have throughout your career with us
- Provide a supportive, friendly and welcoming place to work
- Pay you a competitive salary of between £18,000 and £20,000 per year, depending on your experience
- Give you 20 days of annual leave, plus Bank Holidays
- Enrol you into a workplace pension scheme
- Provide free on-site parking
- Provide free tea and coffee facilities
Established in 1970, Cirrus Research is one of the world's leading designers, manufacturers and suppliers of noise and vibration measurement technology. With clients in well over 100 countries across six continents, we are a truly global company working with some of the biggest names in their respective industries, including Virgin Atlantic, AMG Mercedes, Triumph Motorcycles, Balfour Beatty, the Dominion theatre and many more.
Location : Hunmanby, North Yorkshire
There is no specific closing date for applications. Please submit your application and we will be in touch as soon as possible.