Reference Number : CRplc_0820_WD
Cirrus Research is currently seeking an experienced front end or full stack web developer. With a passion for design, usability, interaction, accessibility and technology you will lead the technical development on a wide range of web projects that serve the brands associated with the Cirrus family.
With a responsibility for the quality of work you produce, you will be accountable for the delivery of projects according to agreed timescales as well as ensuring code is well-constructed, secure and suitable for the specific application.
A good understanding of web development technologies across multiple platforms is essential, with demonstrable skill in writing efficient code to create great looking and responsive websites. To ensure you can fluidly partner with other teams across the business, excellent communication skills are essential.
The role will be based at Cirrus Research's headquarters in Hunmanby, North Yorkshire, which is easily accessible from Scarborough, Filey, Bridlington, Malton, Hull and York.
- Working collaboratively within multidisciplinary teams to develop attractive, intuitive and optimised website front ends that create a great user experience
- Participate in the development process from specification and design through build to testing, release and maintenance
- Build and maintain front-end libraries and frameworks
- Debug and troubleshoot layout and scripting issues across a variety of browsers
- Leading the redevelopment, from a technical perspective, of existing eCommerce websites across multiple brands
- Maintain website security and domains
- Working with back-end developers to integrate front-end and back-end code, ensuring design integrity Delivery of projects according to agreed timescales
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Excellent technical and visual design skills with demonstrated experience of delivering high-quality websites
- Experience in UI design and UX
- Experience with WordPress
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and under own initiative
- Excellent time management
- Enthusiastic with a desire to learn and expand knowledge
- Related degree or other appropriate qualifications
- Experience with eCommerce platforms
- Experience with PHP or other server-side scripting language
- Understanding of version control systems
Established in 1970, Cirrus Research is one of the world's leading designers, manufacturers and suppliers of noise and vibration measurement technology. With clients in well over 100 countries across six continents, we are a truly global company working with some of the biggest names in their respective industries including Virgin Atlantic, AMG Mercedes, Triumph Motorcycles, Balfour Beatty, the Dominion theatre and many more.
Location : Hunmanby, North Yorkshire
There is no specific closing date for applications. Please submit your application and we will be in touch as soon as possible.