The new generation of the doseBadge® Noise Dosimeter has arrived. It was launched at the Safety & Health Expo 2016 in London’s ExCel (21st to 23rd June 2016) on Stand Q2050. Here’s a look at how the doseBadge5 will help you monitor occupational noise exposure.
doseBadge5 – 20 Years of Development
The doseBadge5 is a result of 20 years’ development of the doseBadge Noise Dosimeter. The latest incarnation introduces a range of new features, whilst maintaining the original ‘no cables, controls or display’ design philosophy that symbolises the doseBadge.
Designed for anyone who needs to measure, assess and manage occupational noise exposures, the doseBadge5 can be configured to meet any regulations, standards or guidelines.
The new doseBadge5 is a true multi-channel instrument. It provides you with four completely independent noise dosimeters, alongside 2 peak channels, Lmax and Lmin values and user configurable ULT (Upper Limit Threshold) levels.
1-second data logging of all channels gives you all of the detailed information you require to meet any occupational noise standard, both now and in the future.
Programmed to Meet Your Requirements
The unique measurement timers allow you to programme the instrument to be start, pause and stop automatically without further user intervention. This allows the doseBadge5 to be deployed quickly and simply. The timers can be enabled for different days of the week and with up to 3 user configurable timers, any measurement requirement can be met.
You can also name individual doseBadge5 units to aid identification and allocate it to a person, place and project with the information downloaded into the NoiseTools software.
Utilising the Latest Wireless Technology
A key feature of the new doseBadge5 is the wireless technology that allows the instrument to communicate with the doseBadge5 Wand and the dBLink App for Android and iOS devices.
Individual doseBadge5 units can be controlled and configured remotely and measurement data viewed without having to connect to or touch the instrument.
Faster Access to Your Data
The doseBadge5 Dock allows five instruments to be charged and downloaded at the same time with a high-speed USB connection for all instruments. The NoiseTools software provides you with download, reporting and data analysis, as well as sophisticated post-processing and data management.
To ensure the integrity of measurements, the doseBadge5 features a protected internal microphone with automatic calibration. We have also introduced a tap sensor to detect when the badge has been tapped or had an impact.
When you download your measurement data into NoiseTools, any instances where the tap sensor has activated are clearly displayed for further investigation.
Key Features of the NEW doseBadge5 Noise Dosimeter
- Simple setup, deployment & data download
- No controls, cables or display for secure, reliable measurements
- Tap sensor protects your measurements from external impacts
- 4 noise dosimeters in one instrument with full data logging available for all channels
- 1 second data logging of all integrators & peak channels
- LCeq – LAeq measurements for HML (C-A)
- Simultaneous measurement of OSHA(HC), OSHA(PEL), ACGIH & ISO
- Schedule automatic timed measurements with daily timers
- Remote communication to the dBLink App (Android & iOS) and the doseBadge5 Wand
- View measurements & configure doseBadge5 with the dBLink App for mobile devices
- High speed USB download via the doseBadge5 Dock
- NoiseTools™ software supplied as standard for reporting & data analysis
- Allocate doseBadge5 instruments to individual users to track measurements easily & effectively
- Internal microphone with automatic calibration
- Visual indication of Dose exceedance with user defined levels
- 60dB to 143dB measurement range
- User configurable ULT triggers for all channels alongside Lmax & Lmin
Latest posts by James Tingay (see all)
- Cirrus Research ISO 9001 Certification updated to the new 2015 Edition – ISO 9001:2015 - 9th February 2018
- NoiseTools 1.8.2 is now available – Find out what’s new - 2nd February 2018
- 2017 Christmas Closing Dates at Cirrus Research - 13th December 2017