The doseBadge Noise Dosemeter for Occupational Noise Measurements
The doseBadge Noise Dosemeter will measure, store and calculate the parameters essential for compliance Occupational & Industrial Hygiene Noise Regulations. Measurements can be downloaded to the supplied software for analysis & reporting.
Data logging and Time History are provided as standard along with Dual Channel measurement allowing you to measure two sets of data at the same time.
With a rugged, durable metal case, no cables, controls or external microphone, the doseBadge is simple, reliable and easy to use.
- Very simple operation
- Compact, rugged design (weighs only 51g or 1.8oz)
- Time history data stored as standard
- Robust metal case prevents damage & servicing costs
- No external controls, cables or displays reduces damage, tampering or misuse
- Analysis & Reporting software with licence-free installation & free lifetime updates
- 90 minute (typical) charge time with 30 hours (typical) battery life
- Intrinsically safe version available with ATEX, IECEx & FM Certification for hazardous atmospheres
- The measurement and control of occupational noise exposure. Read more...
- Compliance with Noise at Work Regulations, Industrial Hygiene Standards and Occupational Noise Exposure Guidelines. Read more...
- Monitoring and recording of long term noise exposure. Read more...
- Noise exposure measurements in Hazardous environments such as Oil Refineries, Petrochemical Plants and Underground Mines. Read more...
- Measurement of noise exposure in the Entertainment and Music Industries. Read more...
There are many situations where there is a need to accurately assess the risk of exposure to high noise levels and to continually monitor any employees who are exposed to potentially damaging noise.
Workers who move between different locations, or where their noise exposure pattern changes throughout the day are very difficult to assess using traditional methods.
Machinery or moving equipment can also present problems to those responsible for carrying out risk assessments and noise exposure measurements.
The doseBadge is the ideal tool to carry out these tasks as it has no cables, controls, displays or fragile external microphones.
The regulations used for occupational noise vary around the world with different exposure levels and calculation methods used.
The doseBadge can be setup to meet almost every Occupational or Industrial Hygiene noise measurement standard such as ISO85, ISO90, OSHA, MSHA, DOD, ACGIH (USA Standards) as well as the EU Physical Agents Directive and the 2005 Control of Noise at Work Regulations (UK).
And because the doseBadge is a Dual Channel dosemeter with data logging as standard, it can be programmed to measure two sets of noise data at the same time.
If employees have a noise exposure pattern that is not easily controlled or where the noise levels vary each day, using a noise dosemeter may be the only way to accurately measure and record the long term exposure.
Although exposure to high noise levels over a short time can result in temporary effects, it is the long term exposure which causes hearing damage and other physical effects.
There are many environments where noise measurements must be made but where there is a risk of explosion, such as Oil Refineries, Petrochemical & Pharmaceutical Plants and Underground Mines.
In these environments, equipment must be certified as being Intrinsically Safe and the CR:110AIS version of the doseBadge carries IS (Intrinsic Safety) Certification to ATEX, EEx, IECEx, and FM. The CR:112AIS version carries certification to MSHA.
There are also many other industries and environments where this type of measurement is the ideal way to assess noise exposure.
For example, in the entertainment and music industries employees are often exposed to high noise levels over irregular shifts.
It is usually not possible to take static noise measurements in these environments and the doseBadge is the ideal solution.
The doseBadge has already been used at a number of music festivals, concerts and carnivals as well as by a number of major international orchestras to carry out noise risk assessments.
Explosive atmospheres can be caused by flammable gases, mists or vapours or by combustible dusts and the CR:110AIS doseBadge is ideal for use in these types of environments.
- ATEX, EEx, IECEx & SIMTARS Intrinsic Safety (CR:110AIS version)
- MSHA Intrinsic Safety (CR:112AIS version)
- All of the same benefits and features as the standard version
- Ideal for use in Petrochemical, Mining and Confined Spaces
- High level of protection with a rugged, robust design
The measurement kits can be expanded with additional doseBadges and charger units as required. These can be either standard CR:110A doseBadges or the Intrinsically Safe CR:110AIS. Optional items can be added to enhance the operation and use of the doseBadge Measurement Kit.
- Standard Measurement Kits with between 1 and 10 doseBadges
- Kits can be expanded by adding additional doseBadges
- Robust Aluminium Case to hold up to 10 doseBadges and accessories
- Available with the standard CR:110A or the Intrinsically Safe CR:110AIS doseBadges
- Optional accessories available
- Licence free software provided as standard