Cirrus Research, a leading expert in the creation and production of noise measurement instruments, is proud to announce that its new Optimus Green sound level meter has been awarded a Highly Commended within the British Safety Industry Federation (BSIF) Product Innovation category at this year’s BSIF Safety Awards.
The sound level meter was awarded the accolade at a prize giving ceremony that took place at the Product and Innovation Hub at this year’s Safety & Health Expo.
The prestigious BSIF Product Innovation Award recognises products that are new and innovative and that will contribute to improvements in occupational safety and health.
James Tingay, Group Marketing Manager at Cirrus Research comments: “We are delighted to have received this accolade; the BSIF Product Innovation Award is a prestigious category and to have the Optimus Green sound level meter recognised by both industry professionals and end users is a fantastic achievement.
All the team at Cirrus Research who have tirelessly designed, developed and manufactured this revolutionary sound level meter feel a great sense of satisfaction and are proud that it has been recognised in such a manner.”
James commenting on the development of the Optimus Green sound level meter: “Cirrus Research found that restrictions in budgets have produced a demand for an instrument that can be used for environmental, occupational and industrial hygiene noise applications whilst maintaining the simplicity and ease of use found in instruments aimed specifically at the occupational health and safety market.
The Optimus Green addresses this need and demand in a manner that is both simple and efficient.”
Cirrus Research launched the Optimus Green in September 2010. Designed for environmental, occupational and industrial hygiene noise, Optimus Green is the third range of sound level meters in the Optimus family.
The introduction of Optimus Green allows users to collect a wide range of noise parameters, together with the very highest levels of performance, in a package that is both simple and efficient to use. It combines the existing features from the Optimus range with the latest technological innovation and added functionality that is necessary for environmental noise to be accurately measured.
The measurement parameters of the instruments allow occupational, industrial hygiene and environmental noise to be measured simultaneously. This is not a complicated or technical process for the user, they are simply provided with the choice of what information to review at the end of the data capture period. Even if the user has difficulties displaying the right function to take the measurement, the Optimus Green measures all the noise functions at the same time, thus ensuring that there is no risk of recording the wrong data.
For further information please contact Cirrus Research on 0845 230 2434 or visit www.cirrusresearch.co.uk.
Notes to editors
Photo Caption: James Tingay (right) recieving the Highly Commended BSIF Product Innovation Award from Fergul Morris, 3M (left)
Further information about the Optimus Green:
Optimus Green features:
Some of the innovative approaches that are encapsulated in the Optimus Green are:
• Simultaneously measures the noise functions required for both occupational and environmental noise. There may be other instruments on the market that can offer this capability but they are very complicated to operate and/or expensive. The Optimus Green puts simplicity first.
• Simple and easy to use – only three buttons need to be pressed to carry out a noise measurement.
• Simultaneous measurement and data logging of all available parameters – regardless of whether the measurements are for compliance with the Control of Noise at Work Regulations, for environment impact assessments, or to be used for assessing the effectiveness of noise control measures – the Optimus Green measures them all at the same time without the user having to change functions or settings in the instrument.
• VoiceTag™ function – allowing the user to record notes and comments into the instrument before a measurement is taken. This data is then stored with the measurements and can be replayed when the data is downloaded to the PC.
• Audio recording during measurement – enabling the recording of the actual noise for later replay and analysis. This sophisticated feature makes it possible to find the audio fingerprint of the noise so its source can be pinpointed.
• Repeating measurements – these can be either started manually or by using the measurement control functions. This allows the instrument to make repeated measurements over long periods of time.
Dr Philip Dickinson, Professor, Sound Centre at Massey University, New Zealand, comments: “It is a first class instrument and should be the prime tool of all environmental and occupational health officers – indeed all territorial officers should have this as their first port of call for noise measurements. It has all but exceeded all my expectations and I will be recommending it to all the health professionals I meet.”
About Cirrus Research plc
Formed in 1970, Cirrus Research plc is a leading expert in the creation and production of noise measurement instruments in the UK. Specialising in the design and production of noise measurement equipment, the latest scientific and technological developments are utilised to produce noise measurement instrumentation equipment to accurately measure noise and its impact. Manufactured in the UK, Cirrus Noise Measurement instruments are used in a wide range of different applications and across many different industries.
BSIF Safety Awards comment:
David Lummis, Chief Executive Officer at the British Safety Industry Federation (BSIF) comments: “Each year, the BSIF is proud to host these highly coveted awards and we hope that organisations found an opportunity within the three categories to enter. Once again, we received many outstanding entries, with competition and innovation continuing fiercely.
“We would like to extend big congratulations to the winners who illustrated tireless commitment to improving the safety industry. We would also like to take the time to commend all those who entered for their dedication and loyalty, the judging panel was overwhelmed with the quality of entrants and the clear passion companies have in delivering a quality service and focused products, all with the aim of improving workplace safety. It gives us great pride to able to honour the health and safety industry’s finest.”
For Additional Information (excluding photograph usage):
Contact Helen Ellis
The McOnie Agency
Tel: 01483 237230
Press Release Reference No: